Saturday, March 24, 2012

Creator's Project Part Two




Behind the birds is a 360 degree muslin screen, which seems to rotate. Random black lashes are painted on it, but you can't see that from the top left pix. A chorus ('Streetwise Opera) sings a song from the 13th century, which the Vatican kept secret for hundreds of years. I figure if it has that much godliness in it, I better tune it in. The screen turns, the voices are randomly mixed, with an occasional hip hop blip, it is a 7 minute meditation that keeps me intrigued for at least 20.

In another venue is a screen that begins with some VanDyke and Rubens. The artist has figured some code to analyze the figures and their faces, various sections of their bodies morph into geometric shapes and colors of cream and brown and rouge. I know I saw an art exhibit in Chicago, and there have been the consequent emails, of Mona Lisa morphing into Modigliani, into Picasso and Renoir,etc.

The middle illuminated cage 'Origin' invites its audience inside. There is a score by composer 'Scanner' - hunh? - that gives me the illusion I am controlling sounds by my movements, but apparently it is all on some sort of tracked loop.


I missed the reworking of David Bowie 'Life on Mars'. The line was way too long, but as much as I miss my friends, I am so loving all this stuff to do! . . . PS Before my Saturday Eiko & Koma performance, I was at the SF Civic Center watching the Saint Paddy's Day Parade- Potato and spinach knish and an Irish population to rival NYC. Erin Go Brach all month long.

No comments:

Post a Comment